Friday, December 4, 2015

Entry #7 Dumb Men

     When you first read the title of the site "Dumb Men" it catches your attention; it makes me feel like its going to be about something funny. As a man I know we do some pretty funny things; some people may see it as dumb and some people may see it as funny. When you enter the website it says stupid men and male bashing. Exposing the stereotypes of men in advertising hahaha! now I know its gonna be funny. The site is set up with rows of polaroid pictures that show a glimpse of what's coming. Anyone who's into a good laugh should watch this site. One of the things that could be fixed on the site is some of the videos don't work, which makes it seem like the site isn't updated regularly. Its a simple site, nothing to read unless you click on the polaroid picture.
     My all time favorite commercial was found on Dumb Men titled "Doritos Commercial: Dude Sucks Cheese Residue Off People". I haven't seen this commercial in a while but I will never forget it. In the commercial for Doritos two employees are sitting together in what looks like a fancy break room. Employee 1 is eating a snack size bag of Doritos chips, while employee 2 is hovering over his shoulder; as he dumps the last bit of crumbs into his mouth employee 2 whispers in his ear "hey are you gonna finish those?". Employee one says "sorry their already gone" and employee 2 says "no their not, you left the best part" hahahaha I can't stop laughing! Im going to leave the rest for you to watch for yourself and trust me its worth it.
     I don't want to give up the ending of the commercial, but I believe its a persuasive commercial based on selling Doritos. The point they are making is that Doritos are so good that you would do anything to get a taste. It is a very funny way of being persuasive, and yes I do believe if I went to the store right now I would buy a bag of Doritos. They sure nailed this one! Although I don't believe someone would ever do that it makes you laugh, and the next time you see a bag of Doritos you'll probably remember it. Now stop reading and go check it out (by clicking the link) if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment