Friday, December 11, 2015

Entry# 11 Doing it Right!

     As you start out a new semester the nerves may start kick in; you find yourself thinking about the  new classes, new teachers, and new assignments wondering if your ready. If thats you, then you're like many other students who stress about these things. Take a breath and relax; you should be thinking about how it's all gonna be over in the blink of an eye. Coming into this semester of English we had to create a blog and post about certain topics of the teachers choice and we also had a chance to choose our own topics to talk about. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it, I've never blogged before so I was a little nervous going in. After the first intro blog I realized it was pretty easy. The second and third blog's came and went really quickly and next thing you know I was running my own blog! Blogging can be very enjoyable, especially when you have the freedom of picking your own topics. Take it seriously, make sure you've read the requirements of the blog and write to the best of your ability. If you take it seriously you should have nothing to worry about. On the bright side you'll get more practice writing and believe me it helps; on the downside if you find yourself waiting until the last minute to complete your blogs you may sound a little rushed in your writing. You have an opportunity to learn so much about yourself, your writing, and your classmates. Blogging helped me share more about myself and my opinions without feeling judged; it's your writing, just be polite and respectful of your peers. As you read your peers blogs and comment on them it helps you understand who they are and what they are into, I feel this helped with my peer reviews as well. I didn't need to worry about what others thought about my writing and when we did peer review I felt more confident sharing my opinions with my classmates. Blogging was a very unique way to learn how to open up in writing, it helped me to take a look at certain situations (required topics) and reflect on my own situations (personal point of views). If you take it seriously you can't go wrong, you'll only benefit from blogging. Best of luck to you in your english class!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you found value in the blog project. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete